About the Recipe
As this Italian pasta salad sits in the fridge, the acids in the dressing actually work to help break down the starches in the pasta and the proteins in the veggies, resulting in a more flavorful and tender pasta salad (so be sure not to overcook your noodles)!
- 16 oz Fusilli (spiral) pasta
- 3 Cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 lb Pepper-jack cheese, cubed
- 1 lb Sliced pepperoni, cut in half
- 1/2 Cup each Red, yellow, and Green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 oz Black olives, canned, drained
- 8 oz Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 Cucumber, chopped
1) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
2) Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
3) Drain, and rinse with cold water.
4) In a large bowl, combine pasta with tomatoes, cheese, pepperoni, bell peppers, cucumber and olives.
5) Pour in salad dressing, and toss to coat.