About the Recipe
This plant-based banana bread recipe is kid friendly and a fan-favorite for good reason – it’s delicious!
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Milk, Plain & Unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Vegan butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts, toasted and chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Grease and flour a 9" loaf pan.
3) In a small bowl, stir together vegan milk and vinegar. Set aside for a few minutes.
4) In a large bowl, cream together vegan butter and sugar.
5) Add bananas, vanilla, and milk mixture and beat.
6) In a medium bowl, sift together flours, powder and soda, nutmeg, and salt
7) Add dry mixture to wet and beat just until all of the flour is moistened.
8) Fold in walnuts
9) Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean.
10) Slide a knife around the outer edge of the loaf to ensure nothing is stuck.
11) Cool for 5-10 minutes in a loaf pan, then flip the loaf out onto a wire rack and cool fully.