About the Recipe
This is the EASIEST recipe to make for Thanksgiving. It’s a perfect assignment for kids old enough to cook! It only takes a handful of ingredients, cooks in 15 minutes and is always better than store-bought cranberry sauce. And this recipe kicks it up a notch in the flavor department!
Spicy Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce is a perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavors. It’s brings excitement to any dish it’s paired with. It will be the talk of your Thanksgiving table!
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries
1) In a large saucepan combine the jalapeno peppers, salt, sugars, orange juice, water, and orange zest.
2) Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add the cranberries.
3) Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring periodically (cranberries will pop while cooking).
4) Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
5) Transfer to a sealed container and fully chill. *NOTE: the sauce will thicken as it cools.*
6) Serve as a side to the main course.
Cranberry sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.