About the Recipe
Pesto is a mouthful of bright summer — basil made more so. You can buy it in a jar or in the refrigerator section of your grocery story, but there is nothing better than making it yourself.
- 2 1/2 oz Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Cup Pine nuts (or Walnuts)
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- To taste Sea Salt
- To taste Ground black pepper
1) Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl or large measuring cup and pulse with Immersion Blender to your desired consistency.
2) You can also pulse the garlic and pine nuts together before the other ingredients to break them down a little bit more.
3) Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.