About the Recipe
Savory homemade egg rolls are a fun snack, appetizer, or side dish and can be made with or without meat. The filling options are endless! Make in advance and freeze. Cook whenever a snack attack hits!
- 1 lb Shredded chicken
- 1 package Coleslaw mix (Homemade mix: Cabbage, onion, mushrooms, carrots, and garlic)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 package Egg roll or wonton wrappers
- To taste Salt
- To taste Pepper
- To taste Garlic, minced (Or Garlic powder)
- To taste Soy sauce
- To taste Ginger, fresh minced
- To taste Ginger powder
- 8 oz Cream cheese, optional
1) Use a food processor to finely chop veggies. If using pre-packaged coleslaw, still chop a bit more in the food processor.
2) Cook the chicken in an instant pot, boil, or bake until tender and cooked through. Add your favorite broth to an instant pot or pot while boiling.
3) Shred chicken when cooked.
4) Combine shredded chicken, veggies, seasonings, and cream cheese if using.
5) Lay one of the egg roll wrappers down, with a corner pointed toward you. Place some of the filling mixture in the center of the wrapper, and fold that corner that was pointed at you onto the filling. Fold the left and right corners into the center, then roll, keeping the filling in the center. Brush some water on the last corner to seal the egg roll. Continue with the rest of the wrappers and filling.
6) Fry in Air fryer (400° F for 6 minutes), deep fryer, or bake in oven (at 375° F for 15 mins).
These are simple to make but can be time-consuming to wrap. It's usually a family event at our house.
Any meats can be used in place of chicken. Or just veggies alone.
I spray the wraps before putting them in the air fryer or oven. They take about 3 minutes on each side for deep fry.
The thickness of each wraps depends on preference, just like what ingredients to add.
They can be frozen, I've used a food sealer to keep them longer. Then just put them in the fryer again.