About the Recipe
These easy white chicken enchiladas will be a hit with the entire family with their creamy white sauce, flavorful shredded chicken filling, and baked cheesy topping! Definitely a chicken enchiladas recipe you'll want to keep forever!
-2 Cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
-10 Flour tortillas
-1 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
-1 Cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
-3 Tbsp Butter
-3 Tbsp Flour
-2 Cups Chicken broth
-1 Cup Sour cream
-4 oz can Diced Green Chiles
-To Taste Salt
-To Taste Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Spray a 9"x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, mix together cooked, shredded chicken with one cup of shredded cheese along with salt, pepper, and Adobo seasoning.
4) Place chicken mixture into each of the flour tortillas. Roll them all up and place them in the prepared baking dish.
5) In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour and let cook and thicken for 1 minute
6) Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Stir in sour cream and green chiles.
*Be sure not to let the mixture boil.
7) Take the sauce off the heat and pour it over the enchiladas. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
8) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Brown under the broiler if need be right before serving