About the Recipe
Green beans like you’ve never had them before! Sautéed garlicky bacon fat then braised and simmered with a creamy garlic sauce. Decadent? Yes. Special? Double yes.
-2 lbs Fresh green beans, ends cut off and cut into bite size pieces
-6 to 8 slices Bacon, chopped up
-2 Cups Heavy cream
-1 Cup Chicken broth
-1 whole clove finely chopped Garlic, fresh
or 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic, Pre-made
-8 oz Parmesan cheese, finely chopped (not grated)
-8 oz container Mushrooms, fresh, finely chopped *optional*
or 8 oz Canned Mushrooms
1) Cut up the green beans, ends cut off and cut into bite-size pieces
2) Cut up the slices of bacon into bite-size pieces and cook in a pan to your desired crispness
3) Remove the cooked bacon, and leave the grease in the pan.
4) Add garlic and brown (usually 30 seconds to a minute on high)
5) Add green beans and mix them together. Cook for about 5 minutes at a high temperature.
6) Add chicken broth and mushrooms (optional). Cook on high/medium heat until green beans are soft and stir a couple of times (usually 15 minutes)
7) Add in heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and pepper. Cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
8) Sprinkle bacon on top and serve