About the Recipe
Fragrant onions and garlic, sweet zucchini and squash, warm, comforting potatoes, and a mild nutty flavor from the Parmesan cheese (who is the unsung hero in so many dishes, in my humble opinion). You will want to eat it all in one sitting!
- As needed Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow Squash, thinly sliced
- 1 Baking Potato, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- To taste Salt
- To taste Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan, freshly grated
1) Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly coat a round pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2) In a medium pan, heat olive oil. Once hot, add chopped onion and garlic, cooking until soft and fragrant, 5-7 minutes.
3) Spread the onion and garlic mixture on the bottom of the pan. Evenly arrange the sliced vegetables on top, alternating as you go. Once you get all the way around, continue layering to fill the middle until no open space remains.
4) Drizzle all over with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake covered for 30 minutes.
5) Remove aluminum foil and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Return to oven and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.