About the Recipe
This restaurant style Homemade Salsa recipe can be made with canned or fresh ingredients and is ready for snacking in only 5 minutes! Serve with some salty tortilla chips or spoon on top of your tacos, burritos, or nachos. This is the perfect addition to all of your favorite Tex Mex meals!
- 1/4 White Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, chopped (seeds removed, optional)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Lime, juice and zested
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Pinch Sugar
1) In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic until well chopped.
2) Add the tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, salt, cumin, and sugar. Pulse until combined but still chunky.
3) If the consistency of the salsa is too watery, strain half to remove some liquid. Combine the strained mixture with the remaining salsa
4) If you prefer a chunkier texture, strain out more liquid to reach your desired consistency.
5) Serve chilled with chips or on the main course