About the Recipe
These Coconut Macaroon Easter Nests are dipped in chocolate and are an absolutely adorable treat to make this Season!
-14 oz. Sweetened Flaked Coconut
-7 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
-1 teaspoon Almond Extract
-3 large Egg, white separated, at room temperature
-1/4 teaspoon Salt
-2 oz Chocolate Candy Melts, melted
-1 bag Cadbury Mini Eggs, for decoration
or 1 bag Jelly Beans
-1 package Peeps Marshmallow Chicks, for decoration
1) Preheat oven to 325° F
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3) In a large bowl add the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and almond extract stirring until evenly combined.
4) Place the egg whites and salt in the bowl of your stand mixer (a regular bowl and hand mixer will work too) fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat the egg whites until medium peaks form. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
5) Gently fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture and use an ice cream scoop (about 4 tbsp) to scoop out the balls. Place the balls on the parchment-lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart and gently press your thumb in the center to create a nest. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
6) Remove from the baking sheet immediately to a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
7) Dip the bottoms of the coconut macaroon nests into the chocolate and place them on a sheet of parchment paper to dry.
8) Fill each nest with chocolate eggs (or jelly beans) and top with a Peeps marshmallow chick.