About the Recipe
Super pressed for time while hosting an event? These mushrooms are the perfect quick appetizer for any situation. They also make a great side dish for lunch or dinner! These stuffed mushrooms use fresh ingredients and definitely rival any version that you can find in the frozen foods section of the grocery store.
- 16 oz Whole Button White Mushrooms
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Chives, optional
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- As needed Spray Oil
1) Use a damp paper towel to remove debris or dirt from mushrooms, and remove stems
2) Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
3) Spoon the mixture into each mushroom cap. Top each with shredded cheese and chives. (Easiest way to put cheese on is by placing the cheese in a shallow dish and pressing each mushroom cap into the cheese to stick)
4) Spray the air fryer basket with oil to prevent sticking (optional). Place a single layer of mushrooms in the basket.
5) Set the temperature to 370° F and cook for 8-10 mins. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Chives are optional, and I make these to go camping. I make the mixture, put it in a ziplock bag, throw it in the fridge, and once we get to the campground I cut the tip of the bag off, and squeeze it in each cap.
Makes for a super quick and easy appetizer, and everyone who likes mushrooms loves this recipe!!